Based on questions, concerns, and feedback from today's virtual meeting, I will be addressing some important issues--beginning with the discussion of the Public Access Assessments due to GPO this month.
First, and foremost, I want to clarify that all Selectives will receive phone calls from GPO after their Regional sends in its responses to the Public Access Assessment questionnaire. Thank you, Rita, for pointing this out.
Again, the questions on the questionnaire are as follows:
1) Does this library submit depository publication withdrawal or disposal lists according to your region's established rules?
2) Has the library weeded its depository collection recently? When? How often?
3) To the best of your knowledge, does the library provide reference and interlibrary loan assistance to users of the library collection?
4) To the best of your knowledge, has the library ever referred library users to another library when the collection or necessary knowledge was not available at the library?
5) Does the library communicate and participate within the region? How and how often?
6) Does the library communicate and cooperate with you and your library? How often? (For example, does the library respond to any questions you may have asked?)
7) Do you have any other comments about the library? Are you aware of any major changes currently taking place or being planned at the library?
If you have not already done so, please send me any information you would like me to use to answer these questions. I will be starting my reply process tomorrow, Friday, June 13 (an inauspicious day, but I can't put it off any longer!), so please have the info to me no later than Friday, June 20, when I plan to wrap this project up.
Thanks, now on to Posting #2. . . .